Born in Litchfield, CT; Left at 6 mos. and lived in some of the greatest fishing destinations in the world since then
Steward of the Year Award, Captains for Clean Water and Costa, 2021
Outdoor Sportsman Award, Best International, 2019
Outdoor Sportsman Award, Best Fishing, 2018
From a fishing guide in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, to a world-traveling angler in search of the next fishing adventure, Carter has built a life, career, and personal brand around his untouchable passion for the water and the fish that swim within. His multidimensional approach to the sport along with a captivating personality allow him to showcase his unique understanding for fishing in locations across the globe, without any limits. Carter is also, first and foremost a family man. Living on a farm in Vero Beach, FL, he raises an incredible family of all girls who love the farm, horseback riding, and immersing in nature.
Q&A with Carter Andrews
Where were you born? Well I might have been born in Litchfield Ct but that doesn’t mean much. I left there 6 months later and since then I have lived in some of the greatest fishing destinations in the world.
What are your favorite techniques? I like live baiting Black Marlin on Hannibal Bank but if you are looking for something with a Z Man I would have to say finesse fishing a 1 1/2 oz jig with a 5 or 7 inch Diezel Minnowz swinging in heavy current at night for snook.
What are your favorite off-water activities? Thats easy. Food, Friends and Family.
- Director of Fishing, Islas Secas Panama, 5 years
- ESPN MADFIN shark tournament, 3-time winner
- ESPN Great Outdoor Games, 2-time casting champion
- World Offshore Championships Captain, Team USA Bronze medal, Azores, Portugal
- World Flyfishing Championships Member Team USA
- Jackson Hole One Fly, 2-time individual winner
- Steward of the Year Award. Captains for Clean Water and Costa, 2021
- Outdoor Sportsman Award, Best Overall Series, 2017
- Outdoor Sportsman Award, Best Fishing, 2018>
- Outdoor Sportsman Award, Best International, 2019
- Saltwater Sportsman, Top 50 Captains, 2013